Location: Shrewsbury or Welshpool
Salary: Competitive – £40,000 - £55,000/annum Car Allowance
SWG Construction (Build and Renovate) Ltd is an established framework construction company specialising in construction, planned maintenance and refurbishment. Due to an increase in workload, SWG is looking to recruit a Contracts Manager on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will need to be self-sufficient, organised and proven as a Contracts Manager, have experience of developing excellent client and staff relationships and have an approachable, courteous manner, will come from a trade background and have experience in overseeing small works and refurbishment contracts ranging in value from £20k - £1M. The candidate will also be competent in programming, budgets and health and safety. Working alongside Quantity Surveyors and Managing Site Managers, the Contracts Manager will be required to oversee between 4-5 projects at any one time and be flexible to adapt to change if the need arises.
- Reporting to the Construction Director, the Contracts Manager is responsible for managing their operation to ensure that business plan targets are met.
- Ensure that requests, reports, projections, KPI’s and monthly valuations are accurate and submitted on time to meet deadlines, and that performance is reported accurately.
- Using management skills to mentor, monitor and developing staff under their control.
- Ensure contracts are completed to programme, client satisfaction is maintained, and profit margins are met.
- Liaising with clients and tenants to ensure smooth communication, timely responses to requests and a proactive approach to ensure a top-level service is maintained.
- Ensure that sales invoices are submitted accurately and in line with delivery costs and client deadlines.
- Assist with the production of their regional business plan along with the development of their specific operational plan.
- Ensuring that adequate pre-contract planning takes place so that contracts are delivered in line with profit requirements.
- Continually monitor contracts to ensure delivery in line with cost plans.
- Present to both external clients and at internal management meetings.
- Manage the Health, Safety and Welfare on contracts, staff, clients and the general public.
- Ensure the production and distribution of compliant health and safety information and plans and carry out training and development reviews.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for all personnel engaged within their operation.
- Responsible for monitoring internal H & S audits and ensuring implementation of the findings.
- Operational Management experience within Reactive, Refurbishment, Voids and Planned works contracts essential.
- Social Housing experience vital for the role.
- Experience of Schedule of Rates is beneficial but not essential.
- Must be experienced MS Office software such as Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project.
- Be able to work under pressure, to deadlines and prompt turnaround times.
The candidate will require a recognised construction qualification (diploma level or equivalent) and also have the following:
- First Aid at work
The candidate will need to show evidence of the following:
- Proven experience working in a similar contracts management role.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, have a personable nature with effective and clear communication skills.
- Commitment to working as part of a team.
- IT Competency.
- Attention to detail.
- A flexible approach to work.
- An enthusiasm for working on construction and outdoor sites
- A driving licence - essential for jobs involving travel between sites.
SWG Construction values diversity and promotes equality. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com which will be treated in the strictest confidence