SWG Group is throwing its weight behind a promising rally team in Mid Wales.
We’re pleased to announce we are sponsoring Robi Wood and his co-driver Osian Davies as they join the Pirelli Motorsport UK Welsh Rally Championship for the first time.
They will be contesting the road rally class through the forests in a newly built Ford Escort Mk2, competing for class honours out of the box.
It is also our maiden voyage into motorsport sponsorship and we’re looking forward to tracking their progress and cheering them on in each round.
We feel that sponsorship is a small way we can give back to the community and help support these exciting passions.
Their car is built and run by a company from Pontrobert, ZTech Motorsport, and the pair will spend around £2,000 per season on tyres alone - that’s not to mention fuel, car maintenance, etc.
So hopefully our sponsorship goes a small way to allowing the team to carry on competing.
Hopefully you’ll spot the car with the SWG Group logo on it in the County Times newspaper after each round - that’s where you can find your local championship update.
When and where you can see the team in action during the season
- July 10 - Nicky Grist Stages - organised by Quinton Motor Club Ltd
- August 14 - Plains Rally - organised by Knutsford & District Motor Club
- September 4 - Eventsigns Woodpecker Stages - organised by Sixty and Worcestershire Motor Club
- October 16 - Winner Garage Skoda Wyedean Rally - organised by by Forest of Dean Motor Club Ltd
- October 30 - Visit Conwy Cambrian Rally - organised by North Wales Car Club Ltd
- November 13 - Rallynuts Stages Rally - organised by Midland Manor Motor Club
So cheer them on and keep an eye out on the results - you can find more championship information on the Welsh Association of Motor Clubs website.