Renovation, internal alterations, decoration, and external works to a semidetached house.
• Break out of the existing floor slab, installation of needle piling and concrete raft to existing floor level.
• Strip out of the bathroom, erection of stud walling, plastering works, new ceiling and installation of new bathroom suite.
• Refurbishment of bedrooms comprising new flooring, removal of existing ceiling containing asbestos materials, form a new ceiling, demolition of existing chimney and structural continuity of the walls, plastering.
• Strip out of kitchen, demolition of existing chimney and structural continuity of the walls, removal of existing ceiling containing asbestos materials and form as new ceiling, design and install new kitchen.
• Replacement of all internal doors, loft insulation, flooring insulation and decoration throughout.
• New lintels above windows and brickwork repairs.
• External works comprising new fencing, installation of washing rotary line and external painting of rendered external walls.
The project took place adjacent to occupied premises. SWG’s Liaison Officer developed a contract specific Communications & Customer Care Plan to work in conjunction with the Programme. Our Liaison Officer contacted all residents affected by the works to explain the process, manage concerns before, during and after the works and provided clearly written, explanatory bilingual literature. Our Liaison Officer visited site weekly to be accessible to the residents. Our Site Manager was on site daily to appease any concerns.
50 trainee/apprenticeship hours were achieved during the project. An apprentice Painter and Decorator and an apprentice Quantity Surveyor were engaged on this project.