Client: Powys County Council
Duration: 14 weeks
Form of Contract: NEC3
Replacement of the existing football and hockey playing surface into a state-of-the-art 3G pitch with shared access for members of the public using Llanidloes Sports Centre and students at Llanidloes High School. The pitch is suitable for football, hockey and a number of other outdoor sports. Works included:
- Site clearance,
- Fencing and environmental barriers,
- Drainage and service ducts, Earthworks.
- Installation of pitch by specialist subcontractor.
- Lighting columns.
- All works were successfully being delivered in a live school environment with no formal complaints and zero accidents. Our Site Manager liaised closely with the Headteacher and Business Manager.
- Tight site restrictions with limited vehicular access managed by effective Traffic Management.
- Site visits undertaken with small groups of students from Llanidloes High School.
- Donation of the existing floodlights to Welshpool-based Waterloo Rovers FC. The club has needed floodlights for some time, making a huge difference to their facilities.
- Effective waste management with the recycling of:
- 1100m3 of existing site aggregate. 700m3 reused as a subbase layer and the remainder was recycled.
- 190m3 of sand stripped. 40m3 retained on site for reuse and remainder sent for screening and reuse in future projects.