Phased DDA alteration works at Llanidloes High School. This is the second project undertaken at the school within a 12-month period, having successfully completed the All Weather Pitch earlier in the year.
Phase 1 works comprised:
· New boys changing room including suspended ceilings, vinyl flooring and full redecoration.
· Internal remodelling to create a disabled shower facility and small office.
· Refurbishment of the existing disabled toilet to achieve DDA compliance.
· Replacement lighting and flooring.
Phase 2 works comprised:
· Refurbishment of the existing boys’ toilets and disabled toilet to meet DDA compliance.
· Refurbishment of staff areas including male and female staff toilets and disabled toilets.
· New flooring and decoration to all work areas.
· Door area adjustments and installation of new classroom door, fire doors and new powered access doors.
· Alterations to existing fire and intruder alarm systems.
· External works including installation of access ramps.
All works were successfully delivered in a live school environment with our Site Manager liaising daily with the Headteacher and Business Manager to mitigate any concerns and achieve zero complaints.