This project involved the construction of 2 new Palliative Care suites. The works were carried out in a ‘live’ hospital environment and within close proximity of offices and wards and areas where patients and staff required access. These potentially disruptive activities only took place following careful co-ordination with the Client and the staff in order to maintain the daily routine where possible.
We are committed to ensure that people (patients, carers and staff) are treated as individuals with privacy, dignity and respect. We ensure our staff and subcontractors receive appropriate training prior to the commencement of a project of this nature.
In the case of this project noise and dust were kept to minimum through the judicious and timely use of noise abatement techniques including the use of well-maintained equipment and acoustic screens and, dust suppression protocols including periodic damping down.
The following elements were delivered on time and budget through a combination of SWG’s own craftsmen and our trusted subcontractor partners:
- Stripping out and demolition of existing rooms.
- Structural alterations to allow proposed changes.
- Plumbing and electrical alterations including extending existing services.
- Construction of new washrooms including sanitary ware and IPS.
- Flooring, decoration and new internal finishes including new furniture.