Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Salary/Rate:£35,000 - £45,000/annum Car Allowance
SWG Construction (Build & Renovate) Ltd is actively seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join our growing professional team. The candidate’s location will either be at our Shrewsbury office or in our Head office in Welshpool.
SWG Construction (Build & Renovate) Ltd is one of the largest contractors in Powys, over the last 20 years, we have established ourselves as a regular Framework Contractor and have an excellent reputation for the completion of contracts within Powys and the surrounding area.
Our workforce is our most valuable asset, and we are looking to expand and enhance our Quantity Surveying team.
The right candidate will be qualified to Degree level or equivalent in a recognised Quantity Surveying qualification.
The role will consist of all elements of Quantity Surveying from refurbishment and maintenance to new build. Together with various types of contract and tendering process, including traditional, design and build, and plan and spec.
The key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Control all site expenditure by managing the day to day works with cost control, monitoring and reporting;
- Reconcile site costs/value and produce monthly cost reports and profit forecasts;
- Carry out site measure and preparation of monthly payment applications/invoices;
- Assisting the Contracts Manager with day to day construction activities;
- Submitting and agreeing to variations with Client Representative;
- Assisting the estimating team with tender preparation;
- Pricing of variations and new works from first principals;
- Carry out Subcontractor analysis and produce draft agreements for commercial review.
- Also, the following criteria need to be met:
- Must be presentable, confident and comfortable due to the client-facing nature of the position;
- A full driving licence;
- Computer literacy skills (Minimum - Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Demonstrable project delivery track record; and
- Experience in framework projects (desirable).
SWG Construction (Build & Renovate) Ltd values diversity and promotes equality. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org which will be treated in the strictest confidence