SWG has many years’ experience in working with providers of education in both the private and public sectors and have delivered contracts of various types, sizes and complexity. Contracts include renovations, adaptations, groundworks and new builds.
As a result, we have a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of those who provide education in the primary, secondary and further education sectors. We are also aware of the challenges of working within a ‘live’ environment. We have worked in schools during term time where we ensure minimal disruption to staff, students and visitors. All relevant staff engaged on such projects are trained in safeguarding and are DBS checked.
We routinely deliver projects on time and to budget through close liaison with the client and via the following mechanisms:
- A detailed project programme identifying key work stages and timescales
- A Risk Register identifying key risks and how these risks would be mitigated to ensure that the project is delivered successfully - on time, within budget, to an excellent standard of quality, in a safe manner and with minimum inconvenience to the operation of the school.
- A cash flow forecast, with monthly updates
- A Schedule of Variations, including potential/anticipated variations and a forecast Final Account figure
- Early Warning Notices advising the Client of any potential delays or variations
As part of our approach to providing social value we work with the school to develop a programme to either prepare students for the world of work or to raise awareness for health and safety issues around construction sites. These programmes are delivered by our CITB Ambassador.
Working with clients from these diverse sectors, we have successfully delivered high quality, multi-million-pound refurbishment and renovation contracts together with new build projects in respect of private and public sector housing, healthcare centres, hospital projects, provision of educational facilities and social care accommodation. We are also experienced in delivering projects in respect of commercial, industrial and agricultural enterprises.Contact Us